You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @HughB as @pelrun says I'm pretty sure AGPS works fine now. You can see if you do Puck.debug=3 it's definitely sending the data.

I guess its a replacement for Bangle Run which was not getting maintained and had maintenance issues etc.

Yes, absolutely - right now the idea is it's pretty much a clone of the functionality, but hopefully in a nice, simple way.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Just some notes on what's been mentioned:

• km/miles - this should be changeable by installing the Languages app?
    • miles but showing km - this may be because of the jitter from the GPS? I know just sitting still it does count a reasonable amount of distance. What I'd like to do is re-add a Kalman filter, but maybe inside the Bangle.js firmware itself (so GPS then gives two sets of coordinates - one unfiltered, one filtered). If anyone has got a Kalman filter working nicely I'd be really interested. Or maybe the best option right now is to have a library that handles measuring distance.
    • Recording - yes, it needs this - any thoughts for the best way to enable it? Maybe when you press the start button it pops up a menu asking if you want to record it? It'll need to come with finding a 'spare' file to record in.
    • Heart rate - yes, this is an issue with the current firmware. It's been discussed somewhere else recently but we need to take a more scientific approach like was done with the step counter. I do have the manufacturer's binary blob, so I may just give in and use that at some point soon as I think more people care about having an accurate HRM than having an 'open' one!
    • Settings - absolutely, especially wrt. pace - BUT:
    • Layout - I think we should keep this simple. Right now the whole app is under 160 lines, and a good 80% of that is layout. Maybe pace/distance could be made into a library so then it's 100% layout, and then IMO it makes sense to have different apps with different layouts. Everyone will will prefer different things, and if you're walking you probably want different data to running. Someone may want an altimeter, someone may want OS map coordinates and so on...

Sorry if I missed something!

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started