You are reading a single comment by @myownself and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I'm just using the data in the two test harness git repos.

Great. If you are experimenting in C and using the test harness then you are up and running.

I recorded a lot of those samples on a Bangle 2 using the accellog app. Most of the ones I recorded are called hughb-something.

Its good to have fresh minds on this.

• I am just uaimg the data, not the actual harness at the moment. Don't be disappointed but I threw together a 5 line test harness in Python for quicker testing. Everything I've done can be implemented in C, though it has been a good decade since I wrote any.

• Everything I've done can be implemented in C, though it has been a good decade since I wrote any.

If you have written lots of C in the past (before modern tools etc), then you are probably steeped in it to the point that it will all come back very quickly and you will know how to double check a ton of stuff as you write it otherwise you spent the rest of night looking at a core dump.

I found the process of translating my javascript code back into changes to the C part fairly simple. One of the nice things about javascripts is that you can write as if it were C, ie the basic block structure. You will see the state machine I wrote was almost a cut and past job for Gordon to slot it into the C code.

My only worry would be if you write another test harness in Python - just because you need to prove the test harness produces good results that match the real world. Both of the test harnesses work reasonably well.

About

Avatar for myownself @myownself started