You are reading a single comment by @pelrun and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • 1 minute is not too bad to get a fix.

1 minute is brilliant. So far its taking 12 minutes for the first fix of the day.
    I have an old tom tom sat nav in the car and it can take 5 minutes to wake up and get a fix.

I suspect if you power the GPS on sometime later from a location close to where you were it will be even faster. Its the first fix of the day that normally takes longer.

I only just noticed that the AGPS App was updated to get a fix quicker. I looked at the code - its not actually getting AGPS data yet - its just setting the satellites to one set or more - which makes getting a first fix simpler.

• I looked at the code - its not actually getting AGPS data yet - its just setting the satellites to one set or more - which makes getting a first fix simpler.

I don't know where you're getting that idea; it is absolutely downloading the AGPS data and sending it to the watch, and has been since the app was added to the Bangle.js 2 apploader. The constellation selector was committed afterwards and is only of minor/unknown benefit (although you can definitely make things worse if you disable the GPS constellation, as that's the only one we get AGPS data for.)

About

Avatar for pelrun @pelrun started