You are reading a single comment by @Fteacher and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi, it's been a crazy week with almost no running for me. I was checking the app loader and saw the app and couldn't wait to go out to test it too ! Instead of waiting for the fresh air of the evening I went for a run at 11am today. Australia, 27°c in the shade. The sweat was burning my eyes and I was thinking it was probably corroding the charging points too (drenched in sweat but not more corroded than before).
    I have some feedbacks I'd like to share.
    Settings section
    I'm definitively looking forward to have a settings section for this app ! Why ?

• To be able to switch between miles and kilometers for the distance. Btw, the distance is in miles, but the pace seems to be in minutes per kilometers. (maybe 1 setting to choose imperial or metrics ?)
    • About the pace, I have 2 comments. Most runners will like the minutes/kms, but some (like me) will prefer the kms/h (speed). Second thing, this data is an important indicator during the race, to know if we're overdoing it or not, it needs to be much more "live" data, to know if the pace is too slow or too fast, right now. There could be an indicator for the pace/speed so far and another for the pace in the last 5 or 10 seconds.
      On my usual sport watch, there's the possibility to tweak which data is displayed and where in the screen. I'd love to see that in the settings section for anyone to set it up to it's own personnal desires.
      Inaccuracies. Precision
    • Today I ran my usual 5kms track, but the gps thought it's a 3.9 miles (6.2kms) race, and therefore also displayed an inacurate high pace (nothing to do about that I suppose). Standing still outside, it took a bit more than a minute to get a gps fix. For the next run, I'll try to do my "static" warm up while getting the gps fix, to see if it gets it.
    • I used a BT HRM. Changed the settings in BT HRM app. It paired instantly, worked great, displayed in the "run app"
      Readability and design:
      I also think that while on the go, runners want this app to be super readable and readable in a glance. I'm using the dark theme and it's doing pretty good on the readability ground. The red and green GPS and Start/stop infos are perfect. Instantly understandable, readable and not taking too much space anyway. The side button for start/stop is ideal.
      Still, to be able to read it quickly text must be scarce. I think less information and less words would make it clearer. Like "HEART" could be a drawing of an actual red heart. "DIST" is useless if "kms" or "mi" is displayed besides the distance
      -A setting to hide widgets ? The only useful widget while running is probably the battery, maybe the time.
      I don't see any usecase for the steps number as live data during a run. Maybe rather after the race. Cadence is useful for advanced runners that can play with this. Beginners and average runners will lenghten their stride if they want to go faster, rather than increase the cadence. I don't think it's very useful as live data, but nice to see at the end of the race.
      All in all, that's a very nice first shot ! I like it.
      I'm considering a good silicone strap now :) !
About

Avatar for Fteacher @Fteacher started