You are reading a single comment by @HughB and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Just tried out the new RUN app.

A few observations.
    1) I like the display layout. Contrast on the white theme was hard to read so I switched to dark.

2) Elapsed time, Steps and Cadence worked well.

3) Pace and Distance never displayed anything. I did a 1.03 mile known course but also include a 200m strip to and from my house to the loop. All in all I did 2384 steps - approx 1770m. This should have triggered DIST and PACE to show. UPDATE (read the README)- this depends on the GPS so to be expected. Coming up to the mile mark I noted I had done about 2000 steps which is what I would get when I have measured a fitBit or AmazFit bip. So I was pleased to find the step counter working well for a slow (12min mile) running pace.

NEXT time I wil warm up the GPS first using GPS touch and set the GPS recorder on.

4) Heart rate never went above 75bpm while running, I know this is wrong as I am doing couch->5k and am very unfit at present . As soon as I sat down a stopped moving heart rate went up to 131. I had the watch strap on tight to make sure it could get a good reading. I think there is an issue with the heart rate monitor, ie not working well when the watch is be giggled around by a run. I suspect this is nothing to do with the RUN app, more to do with the heart monitor. I will test out on other runs and other apps and if I observe the same kind of behaviour, I will log a issue if I can reproduce etc.

5) GPS stayed RED all the time. This is to be expected and has been observered that getting a first fix on the GPS takes too long. I think there is a need for a Settings Menu, Use GPS Y/N, Use Heart Rate Y/N - these will be good power saving options. Powering up the GPS at the moment acheives very little other than draining power unless you spend the 12 minutes waiting before starting the run to get a fix outside. Again not the fault of the RUN app.

6) at the bottom of the display the current time is shown. This only works properly for the Light theme. It comes up white on white when using the dark theme.

7) FEATURE REQUEST: Settings menu - to disable heart and GPS.

8) FEATURE REQUEST: Would be good to have a large display for each element and cycle through these using an updown touch on the top right / bottom left of the screen. This woud allow you to cycle through displays that just showed 1 statistic DIST, TIME, PACE, HEART, STEPS, CADENCE in the biggest font that worked for each screen. Then I could run without taking my glasses :)

9) FEATURE REQUEST: Log Run stats on stop and have a little app that allows you to review your runs. (This is noted in the README for future, and there is reference to the recorder app).

@Gordon - see you are the author of this app, thanks for writing. I guess its a replacement for Bangle Run which was not getting maintained and had maintainance issues etc.

1 Attachment

• download (1).png
About