You are reading a single comment by @petefrommars and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Thanks! right now there's no sleep detection, which I guess is why Gadgetbridge isn't saying you slept. And I'm afraid there's not much we can do about vibration strength, short of maybe vibrating in some kind of pattern that makes it more noticeable.

I'm surprised though as looking at Pebble teardowns it looked like they used the exact same vibration motor.

I believe all firmwares should have had HughB's new step counter in. Is it possible it counted a bunch of steps when you were asleep if you were wearing it? I know step counting during sleep has come up as a potential issue, but in day to day wearing I've found the step counting pretty good now.

And yes, heart rate is something that needs some work. The heart rate value comes with a 'confidence' and when that is 100% the heart rate is usually pretty accurate, but depending on what you use to view the heart rate (was it the HRM widget?) it may show you a heart rate value when the Bangle's still not completely sure what it is and you get all kinds of crazy values then.

With your app ideas - hopefully when the Bangle.js Android companion app gets done some of those things will be a lot more possible (although sending images over Bluetooth is always a bit slow).

About