components for the layout library

Posted on
  • For anyone who is interested:

I've just written a few "controls" for the still extremely useful "layout" library which extend the functionality of the built-in layout types and benefit from additionally implemented "concepts" such as

• "common settings" for several such components (a bit like style classes for HTML elements) and
    • "generic event dispatching"

For the next few days, I plan to implement (selectable and scrollable) "lists" and - if possible - to bundle everything into a module for the Bangle.js 2

As usual, you'll find the current state on GitHub

• Thanks! That looks really interesting! For scrolling lists, is that something we might be able to fit into the existing Layout library?

• Well, I know that the Bangle.js 2 has plenty of memory and performance (I did not yet reach its limits).

However, it might be wise to keep modules small in order to let programmers fine tune their imports (I don't expect any "tree shaking" from your Web IDE, am I right?).

My idea is to have a "LayoutEx" module for my components (or even separate modules for each individual control) which "sits" on top of the layout library. This reduces the memory foot print for programmers that do not need my components (or not all of them)

• Yes, it's a good point... If it can be done efficiently as an additional library then great!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

components for the layout library

Posted by Avatar for Andreas_Rozek @Andreas_Rozek

Actions