Changelog of Firmware?

Posted on
  • Is there an easy place to get the changelog for the firmware? Thanks.

• Ya I had found that, but thanks for being so fast! I'm not seeing the subversions though, IE 244 etc. I'm assuming the most recent changes are at the bottom of each version?

• Yes, my assumption is correct, based on the fix #'s incrementing as you go down. Thanks for your help myownself.

• Ah I haven't paid enough attention to know about the subversions. No problem. I am just lurking about, gleaning information for when I get one. Sometimes someone asks something I think I already know the answer to xD

• The subnumber is the number of commits since the last release - if you really need to tie a fix back to a commit you can always do 'git blame' on the ChangeLog: https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/bla­me/master/ChangeLog

• How can I see the subnumber there? For example my Bangle has firmware 2v10.240 installed and I want to know what was changed since then. How can I see that?

• You can't - you can however look at process.env.GIT_COMMIT on the Bangle (or on the about screen) and can compare commits

• That could be a nice feature for the app store though. Get bangle js current OS, if a new (not nightly I guess) release is there, show an update indicator and what the fixes are for the version.

• It does show an update message now - but not a list of improvements. It could easily link to the ChangeLog though

• Linking is fine, but a clean UI integration would be better imo. No need for users to leave the app store site then, one can potentially even flash the update from there.

• App loader now links to the firmware changelog...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Changelog of Firmware?

Posted by Avatar for andiohn @andiohn

Actions