Bangle.js2: Stuck in bootloop

Posted on
  • My Bangle.JS 2 seems to be stuck in a Boot loop.

It is rebooting all the time.
    If I try to get into dfu mode it only stays there for a few seconds and then reboots again.

I can not get a stable Bluetooth connection.

I am not sure what to do.
    I will let the battery run dry and see what happens then.

• Any idea what caused it? Did you update software or do something in particular?

What happens if you hold button down such that ==== goes across the screen and keep it held while Bangle.js boots? Bangle.js should then not load any code and you can connect with the App Loader and 'load default apps'

• (Not about version 2)
    Hmm. In 2v11 on Bangle.js 1, on trying to boot, the watch went into a loop. Holding BTN3 down, also a loop. I needed a clean restart…after doing who knows what to bring the foregoing about.

I removed all apps, etc., and then was good to go once again.

• I am also running 2v11.251.
    After i left it in boot loop when I went to bed it welcomed me this morning with the clock face as if nothing was.
    It is working fine right now.
    I have to watch if that happens again.

Any idea what caused it?

I took a shower with the watch attached to my wrist yesterday. Maybe this caused the button to have a malfunction?

• I took a shower with the watch attached to my wrist yesterday. Maybe this caused the button to have a malfunction?

It's been covered before, but worth repeating. IP67 is not "waterproof". Splash-proof/"accidentally and temporarily submerged in shallow water"-proof would be a better description...

A shower head can spray the watch with way higher pressure than what the watch is rated for, so I would not risk taking it into the shower.

• Yes i know and i am glad that the watch is back to normal operation.
    I for sure won't shower with it anymore.

The problem from Numerist isn't solved yet, right?

• @myxor ok that could be it - lets hope it dries out ok! Do you think you could look at the very top edge of the watch behind the strap? There should be a little hole - I'd be very interested to see if you can see a bit of white at the bottom of it or not.

It seems that the manufacturer may have supplied some old watches that weren't water resistant at all (despite me specifically asking and them agreeing not to). If that's the case I can swap your watch for another.

I think @Numerist solved his by just reinstalling apps? To get out of a boot loop on Bangle.js 1 just hold BTN1. It'll boot to the Bangle logo without loading code and then you can uninstall the app that's at fault

• Do you think you could look at the very top edge of the watch behind the strap? There should be a little hole - I'd be very interested to see if you can see a bit of white at the bottom of it or not.

I can see a little bit of white in the hole -barely but visible.
    Right now my watch is working as intended, so urgent need to switch it but thanks for the offer :)

• I did solve my problem as Gordon suggested. The loop also affected BTN1, however. But it does seem I did something to cause the loop, which otherwise hasn't occurred.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js2: Stuck in bootloop

Posted by Avatar for myxor @myxor

Actions