iOS Notifications

Posted on
  • Hi all,
    I updated all my apps etc yesterday, and now I'm getting no notifications from the iPhone at all.
    The inability to get the LCD on with Twist or Tap also continues...
    Any thoughts?

• The inability to get the LCD on with Twist or Tap also continues...

Did you update your actual Bangle.js firmware since you got the Bangle? You can now do it easily with the Bangle.js firmware app in the App Loader.

and now I'm getting no notifications from the iPhone at all.

Is the 'iOS' app still installed on the Bangle? Is it paired with the phone?

I did merge some improvements a few days ago that stopped previously read messages from making the watch buzz and go to messages, but they should still be listed in the messages app.

• Thanks - tried a couple of times with the Firmware Update - but even after that I still seem to be on 2v10.219. (I think that's been mentioned somewhere else in the forum.)

iOS Integration app is installed on the Bangle, iPhone is showing connected via BLE.

• The latest is to report that, after a disconnect, a whole slew of earlier messages are loaded (and notified) on reconnect.

• The latest is to report that, after a disconnect, a whole slew of earlier messages are loaded (and notified) on reconnect.

When was the last time you updated the apps on your Bangle? This one should have been fixed a week or so ago...

• Hi Gordon,

I ended up using nRF Toolbox and DFU yesterday to get to .244 and, although the watch disconnected virtually every 1% of the transfer (so clicked on Retry until I got up to 100%) all is now working just fine!

I had another go with the Firmware Update yesterday (December 12) but it was still ending up with .219 at the end of the process. I think Hugh or Peter also tried it.

• Yes, there's an issue open with firmware update here: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/1069

Looks like it worked fine on all my development devices but the flash chip in many of the kickstarter Bangles takes maybe 1ms more time to boot up, and that means the bootloader can't access it. For now I've labelled that app beta again, but eventually I'll get it to update the bootloader first, and then everything will work fine

• Awesome, thanks for the feedback!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

iOS Notifications

Posted by Avatar for ajkm @ajkm

Actions