• Just wondering how we are meant to update the Bangle.js 2 using the provided hex files? Had to install the beta firmware cause I couldn't figure it out and that one is provided as a zip.

• I used nRF and followed the instructions to download the zip file first. It was frustrating because the connection to the watch dropped after almost every 1% transfer, but after clicking Retry every time, it eventually got to 100% and rebooted with 2V10.244.

• https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js#firmw­are-updates

The video/instructions are for Bangle 1, but work the same for Bangle 2.

• Those are the instructions I was referencing.
    Currently, there is only the cutting edge build, but less than 48hrs ago there were stable builds that were uploaded as HEX files instead of zips, so maybe @Gordon saw this and is rectifying?

I followed those instructions for the cutting edge build and everything worked as expected and did not drop out for me at all.

• so maybe @Gordon saw this and is rectifying?

Yes, I'd posted up the files I used for KickStarter boards but then realised they were hex files not zips. I need to go back and grab some zips instead - but for now I feel like there shouldn't be a big reason to go back to earlier firmwares. I should get a 2v11 release soon - there's just a lot of little stuff I'd like to get sorted before then

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js 2 firmwares posted as hex files when a zip is required by nRF Toolbox

Posted by Avatar for hasmar04 @hasmar04

Actions