JS2 Step counting not working

Posted on
  • Either I am superhero like Flash or the Bangle.JS2 is sending random step counts to Gadgetbridge. I made more than 9000km in one morning, while sitting in front of my laptop.

Also, the data field in the csv is wrong. It shows 11 as month when we are in december.

2 Attachments

• photo_2021-12-10_12-57-50.jpg
    • 2021-12-10 12_55_05-Bangle.js Health 2021-11.csv - Excel.png
  • With regards to the inflated step count values, this is something I came across too when using the Gadgetbridge app on the Bangle 2. If you switch to using the Android Integration app then instead of the GB app then it should report more accurately

Edit: Link to my post http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­370644/

• Just had a thought regarding the month number being incorrect. I have a feeling that Javascript dates work from a 0 index for the month field when you use something like date.getMonth() (i.e. January = 0, February = 1 etc.) that might be why December is being displayed as 11 instead of 12

• Oh... I did not see your post. Thank you!. I fact... I have both apps installed, I will remove the GB one.

• That makes sense. It seems there is a "+1" missing somewhere then.

• I reckon you have hit the nail on the head!

• Looks like the Gadgetbridge app is now fixed (it'll go live later today) but if you have both Gadgetbridge AND Android installed then things will break. One of those things will be steps will get counted twice :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

JS2 Step counting not working

Posted by Avatar for Juanje @Juanje

Actions