You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Argh - how long have you had the Bangle?

There's a note about this on the wiki and Bangle reference: https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2#skinĀ­-irritation-warning

But basically there's a small voltage (3.3v) across the middle two pins for the debug connector. It's extremely low current (0.0001A) but it seems if the back of the Bangle gets salty (I guess from sweat) it can cause corrosion.

It's kind of strange as I've been wearing one of these for better part of a year and never had issues, but I guess it's not desperately warm here and I haven't been wearing it for any strenuous exercise.

Will the Bangle still charge ok? If so, please could you put something over the middle two pins? Just a bit of tape, or laquer/nail varnish. It won't affect what you can do with the Bangle at all, but it will totally stop this corrosion.

I'd have applied something before sending these out, but unfortunately they were pretty much all out the door before I heard from anyone about the issue.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started