You are reading a single comment by @andrewg_oz and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • At least that's now my opinion.

tl;dr: The touchscreen is registering false touches and drags, making it unusable. The Bluetooth connection is flaky, coming and going at random - it had been stable. Battery is discharging much more quickly than I remember, possibly due to the unstable BLE connection continually triggering the backlight.

Long story:

I took my Bangle 2 for it's first swim last night, just a few laps at my local swimming pool. I had it monitoring my pulse rate. I had done that for a 2hr walk on the weekend and lost about 10% battery. Last night before I started swimming the battery was 65%.

All seemed fine until I finished my 8th lap. I've only just recently started swimming after many years so was nearly done. On looking at my watch - it was done - a blank screen :-( There was no sign of water behind the display or in the pulse sensor. No fogging of the screen.

When I got home there was no response to the button, so I connected the charger and the watch sprang back into life! The battery showed about half full, so I left it charging for a while.

When the battery showed about 3/4 full I started trying to use it, but the touchscreen was registering false touches, so it was quite difficult to get it set up. Then it suddenly decided to reboot, and then got stuck in a reboot loop.

I eventually stopped that and decided to erase storage and reload all the apps from scratch. That took several goes, but I got there in the end. It didn't help, though.

It's difficult to tell, but it might be that the touchscreen is becoming a little less touchy. At this stage, I hope so.

About

Avatar for andrewg_oz @andrewg_oz started