You are reading a single comment by @johan_m_o and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • @CliveBagley

1. Do not pair your device with the watch from the Bluetooth menu! If you've done so, remove it and try again directly from the web browser or the Gadgetbridge app.
    2. Make sure the watch is connectable (it's in the settings app).
    3. Use a Web Bluetooth-capable browser (so pretty much Chrome or other Chromium based browsers, I use Vivaldi on my Android device). If one doesn't seem to work, try another. Only one I've managed to get working on my Linux laptop is Chromium. If you're using iOS use the WebBLE app to open the App loader.
    4. Go to https://banglejs.com/apps and click the connect button.
    5. Pick your device in the window that opens up and click pair.
    6. That should be it and if connected you can manage the apps on your Bangle.

That's exactly what I did with the watch coming straight from the box and it worked without any hiccups.

Things to try if you still can't get things working:

1. Make sure no other devices are connected to the watch already. Only one connection at a time.
    2. Make sure you haven't paired the watch to your device through the Bluetooth menu. If so, unpair and try again.
    3. Reboot the device you're trying to use to connect. Bluetooth stacks can sometimes need a bit of a refresh.
    4. Try connecting with a different device.
    5. Try different browsers.
    6. Check if you can connect in DFU mode (firmware update mode). Follow the instructions here (although the instructions reference BTN3 @Gordon, and I've never had to press any button when the update is complete since the watch reboots by itself). If you can find the DfuTarg device in the list when selecting devices Bluetooth works.

I'm sure I've missed something, but that's somewhere to start at least.

Edit: updated the list with info from the posts below.

• HEY! Whatever you did there worked. Stupid as it sounds I thought I had covered everything and after carefully reading your post it now works. Whatever you did I'm grateful for!

It might be worth going to babysteps like this in the official documentation. Point out that it's not connectable by USB (as I had naturally assumed) and that it only seems to work on some BlueTooth hardware (certainly not the CSR dongle I have in my workstation) and that when using an android phone you absolutely should not try to pair it in any conventional sense and if you did (or tried to) then delete it all and reboot both devices before you try again.

Thanks a million for helping!

Clive

About

Avatar for johan_m_o @johan_m_o started