Banglejs 2 factory reset?

Posted on
  • How can one perform a factory reset on the Banglejs2? I found instructions on Banglejs 1 but not 2.

• Thanks! I just found "install default apps" on https://banglejs.com/apps/# and it brought it back to functional state.

• Type Bangle.factoryReset(); in the left hand side of the IDE.

• Nice! Thanks for the tip.

• Just a note:

• Bangle.factoryReset(); puts the device back to as-shipped
    • install default apps installs the default apps, but they will all be up to date
  • Thanks. The watch is back to working order!

FYI: I was attempting to push the sample code (i.e. Barometer code) into the device via the web ide and somehow managed to bork it. Maybe I pushed it the wrong way ... I can try to replicate it, if you would like.

• Maybe saved to somewhere else than "Storage"?

• Maybe ... IMO It's too easy to (accidentally) push code to other areas in the IDE.

• BTW: If your code has runtime errors and is executed after boot (e.g. a watch face), you may just replace it by working code to get everything back in place.

• When developing a clock I would recommend setting the default clock to something other than the one you are developing. Otherwise a reboot will just boot into broken code again.

• On the Bangle.js 2 I'd say just upload to RAM for developing since there's more than enough - that way a simple long-press of the button and it's gone.

I think you probably saved to 'Flash' with the IDE. I've been meaning to put some kind of warning in there but it's a little tricky as on non-Bangle.js Espruino devices Flash is probably the thing you want to use.

Fixing it is as easy as removing and re-uploading the bootloader app though.

• Is there a heuristic command you can try running before upload to detect that it is a Bangle and display a warning only if so? It might not cover the Bangle in all its possible states, but I think the one where people are most likely to be hitting the "to flash" button by mistake.

• Yes, we should be able to tell if it's a Bangle. I'm thinking maybe adding a warning message in that case with a 'don't remind me again' would be good, and maybe even a warning icon next to the upload button?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Banglejs 2 factory reset?

Posted by Avatar for scottjanousek @scottjanousek

Actions