I cannot set the time on bangle.js 2 watch

Posted on
  • I received my bangle.js watch today but am unable to set the time. I can connect to the watch. When I try to set the time the watch reboots. The watch still says 1/1/1970 2:00 AM and counting up. There is no automatic watch time setting.

• hello, have you tried to set the time within the about tab in the webLe app loader page ?

• Thank you. That set the current date and I learned how to set the time manually.
    I'm having fun now
    John

• Great! Just out of interest, what were you doing at first that rebooted the watch?

• Hi Gordon,

I can speak for myself at least on that, I had some confusion originally with how long to hold the button to reboot the device. I think I held it for too long because I got to the "Dev boot" progress bar thing, and then the device refused to boot back into "watch mode" (presumably because it was waiting in developer mode for a connection). I kept messing with it and eventually figured out that releasing the button as soon as the screen changed was the proper way to reboot it.

I'm fairly certain that after I did all that, the clock had reset back to the default value, but it has retained the configured time since then.

I'm incredibly thankful for all the work you've done, and I see the large list of issues in github, so I just want to share my appreciation for now, and I can't wait for things to settle down for you!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

I cannot set the time on bangle.js 2 watch

Posted by Avatar for user136960 @user136960

Actions