• see g.dump() below. Message appears not just when I connect through the IDE.
    Seen a few times, when just wearing the watch normally.

1 Attachment

• download (4).png
  • Do you have 'debug info' set to 'show' in settings? That's usually the culprit but it should be set to off by default

• No its on Hide. I did update the settings app. Usually loose all settings when that happens. Will check if it defaults to show when settings does not exist.

• This seems to have gone away after I did a Bangle.factoryReset().

• This problem has returned after I attempted to test a reload of pastel to test that the dependant apps would be installed. I got a 'app string not found' or similar message on the bottom of the app loader screen. See screenshot below. Its as if something gets corrupted that impacts the firmware.

The only way I got rid of this last time was to do a factory reset. Is there anyting I can run to test the integrity of the firmware / storage ? Does the firmware get checksummed ? Is the transfer of Apps checksummed so that if an app fails to load there is no chance of a partial install / transfer of files.

1 Attachment

• download.png
  • No, there's no checksum done, but while it's possible there was corruption it seems unlikely.

If you're logged in with the IDE, please can you run load() and see if there are any errors? And also load("bootupdate.js") and see if that says anything? Please could you also download the .boot0 file and post it up here?

I think I'm going to have to write an app to download Storage contents so I can attempt to reproduce and debug these things here.

• @Gordon: That's exactly the issue I encountered before. I included at the moment as workaround in the watch face

Bluetooth.setConsole(true);

otherwise the whole console is written to the screen.

• Hi @Gordon - thanks for the support. Really appreciate it.
    I'm loving the Bangle 2 - and really hope it gets the fanbase that the Pebble seems to have.
    I ran load() at the IDE left hand side - no issues reported.
    I ran load("bootupdate.js") , nothing reported on the console but the watch just displayed 'Reloading ....' for 3 minutes until I did a long reset. I repeated on my other B2 and got the same result.

I have downloaded the .boot0 file - attached below.

1 Attachment

• I saw this when an install of Pastel failed at one point.

|_| espruino.com
     2v10.219 (c) 2021 G.Williams

Uncaught SyntaxError: Got [ERASED] expected ','
     at line 1 col 129 in .boot0
    ...5) { eval(require('Storage'[ERASED]...
                                         ^
    >{"id":"pastel","name":"Pastel","type":"­clock","src":"pastel.app.js","icon":"pas­tel.img","version":"0.08","tags":"clock"­,"files":"pastel.info,f_architect,f_goch­ihand,f_cabin,f_orbitron,f_monoton,f_eli­te,f_lato,f_latosmall,pastel.app.js,past­el.img,pastel.settings.js","data":"paste­l.json"}
    {"t":"status","bat":52}
    > 

____                 _
    |  __|___ ___ ___ _ _|_|___ ___
    |  __|_ -| . |  _| | | |   | . |
    |____|___|  _|_| |___|_|_|_|___|
             |_| espruino.com
     2v10.219 (c) 2021 G.Williams
    Uncaught SyntaxError: Got [ERASED] expected ','
     at line 1 col 129 in .boot0
    ...5) { eval(require('Storage'[ERASED]...
                                         ^
    >OK
    OK
    OK
    OK
    OK
    OK
    OK
    OK

• I ran load("bootupdate.js") , nothing reported on the console but the watch just displayed 'Reloading ....' for 3 minutes until I did a long reset. I repeated on my other B2 and got the same result.

So did it actually fix the problem after that? I forgot to mention but the Reloading... is expected - as soon as that's shown you can just long-press to restart. bootupdate.js isn't meant to be called directly - it's used internally and would usually restart loading the app at that point.

The .boot0 you posted looks ok - I loaded it onto a watch and I don't see any messages - however the Uncaught SyntaxError: Got [ERASED] expected ',' message would definitely cause the problems you're seeing.

It's a particularly odd one as the part of the file that's shown isn't what gets uploaded when you update the bootloader. It's what's in the file when it updates after bootupdate.js gets called - but if that's the case it is hard to see why it would be corrupted

• Thanks @Gordon - any idea what might cause the Uncaught SyntaxError: Got [ERASED] expected ',' ? I am not seeing this message so often now. Hard to pin it down. I did toggle debug Hide/Show a few times to see if it was something to do with settings.

• any idea what might cause the Uncaught SyntaxError: Got [ERASED] expected ','

Not really... I guess if it compacted or maybe was in the middle of writing and somehow it got Ctrl-C'd out of?

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

seeing <- Bluetooth messages at bootom of display in B2 F/W 2.10.223

Posted by Avatar for HughB @HughB

Actions