• UPDATE: Seems to be working now. Idk if it needed to be "broken in" but the button has been working reliably for about an hour and a half now. Will update if it stops working but no need to read rest of post.

Hello!

My bangle arrived today and I had went through the welcome. I wasn't sure if the button was finicky at that point but it was still registering presses. Then went to the app loader to get updated versions of apps. After that point I realized that I couldn't get past the "Hold button to reload" screen.

I do remember at the start that the button was a bit clicky but now it's more mushy. Now I'm not certain but I believe maybe I crushed the button? I hope it's not a possibility as I don't think I pressed it too hard and I'd like to figure this out as I quite like it despite having it for only a few mins.

I can still connect to it fine over bluetooth and it responds to the charging cable attaching/unattaching. I can use Bangle.off() and then changing the charging state to reboot it but I feel like I'm pretty limited here. Note that while it's off it also doesn't respond to the button -- only the disturbance of the charging cord. I've since done "Install default apps" to no change.

I feel like I should try using tweezers to see if tugging outward on the button would cause a change but I thought I'd post on the forums first to see if this is a smart course of action. I know it's night in the UK so I'll check in the morning. I'm gonna turn it off and let it sit overnight half charged.

2v10.219 is the firmware and the bluetooth widget says 11 d4.

About

Avatar for Leer10 @Leer10 started