BangleJS 2 not respecting 12h locale setting

Posted on
  • All clocks on my BangleJS 2 use 24 hour time, regardless of whether I select 12h or 24h setting in the locale setting.

Additionally, is the "Time Zone" setting just a way to quickly offset the watch when you change timezones? I don't see any reason to actually set this to my UTC offset, since I'm just setting the time manually anyway?

• Additionally, is the "Time Zone" setting just a way to quickly offset the watch when you change timezones? I don't see any reason to actually set this to my UTC offset, since I'm just setting the time manually anyway?

It might be neccessary when using time sync like Gadgetbride or GPS time.

• For Time Zone, it gets set up automatically if you set the time with the app loader, but it's handy for things like the GPS where the time always comes in UTC, so if you ever want to update the time from GPS then it'll ensure it's still set right.

There's an issue open for the 12/24 hour settings: https://github.com/espruino/BangleApps/i­ssues/892

It seems some apps do implement it manually, but the locale module should really handle it.

• Awesome, thanks for the responses! I'll make sure to check out the open issues in the future, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing anything :)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

BangleJS 2 not respecting 12h locale setting

Posted by Avatar for IdleShands @IdleShands

Actions