• Hi Jean-Philippe_Ray & Gordon,

Thanks for your quick responses. I did read the Bangle.js2 page but it had so much info that isn't what I was looking for, I missed the two lines that opened my eyes as to how the interface on the watch works. The first thing I want to do is set the date and time; it's a watch after all. :)

*NOTE: I'm really impressed with what is being done here and I'd like to contribute some help, perhaps with suggestions about documentation.*

I know its really cool that we can write and upload apps to the watch but my experience (45 years developing embedded controller systems, programming, testing, writing docs, etc.) tells me to get familiar with the existing system before you try to modify it. Don't get me wrong, I've been retired for 7 years and am quite rusty and not up-to-date on everything that's going on. I do want to get back into this kid of stuff as a hobby instead of a job.

Perhaps I can be of service writing a beginner's manual. This is an ideal time because I'm totally ignorant of how this all works and will find the things beginners run into. I'll give you a few examples from my confusion today on the http://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js2 page.

This is pre-release hardware
    Is my Bangaljs2 not the released version of the hardware? I got it as a result of backing the project. I'm guessing it is not pre-release, but things like this make me wonder and question other things on the page.

==================
    Quick Usage Notes
    There are a few things to know that'll really help you get started quickly:

1. Long-pressing the one button will take you back to the default clock app
    2. The touchscreen is only active when the lock symbol isn't displayed in the top left hand corner.
    3. Unlocking can be configured in several ways but the easiest is just to press the button.
    4. In the default launcher, drag the screen to scroll, and tap the icon you want to launch
    5. In text menus, you don't need to tap on the text line to select it. Instead, drag your finger up and down to change the selected entry, and then tap anywhere to select.
      ==================
      #1: This was very helpful. How long is the "long press"?
      #2: I did figure this out on my own. What I didn't know was that if the log icon is present then I can't select anything from the menu.
      #3: At this point I only need to know that short-pressing the button will turn the back light on and unlock the menu. In my opinion, configuring the unlock is not something a beginner needs, IMHO.
      #4: What is a "launcher"? I'm guessing that is the thing that runs the user interface. It's helpful to define your terms for beginners.
      #5: The bold parts are what started me on the path to understanding this interface. I still haven't figured out how to set the date and time but at least I can sometimes navigate to other menus.

I hope I can be helpful while learning how to work my new watch.

Peace, Love, Laughter,

RobS:-]

About