Bluetooth Issues

Posted on
  • I received my bangle.js2 today in the post (yay) and I have been enjoying just having it but I wanted to connect to it and try out some of the apps, opening firefox I went to the app page and bluetooth in web browser doesn't work. No problem I have chrome installed for work. I open that and it scans and scans and nothing comes up. I went through every step on all of the FAQ/Help pages I could find linked and did every step it instructed to do so, I have made sure everything is up to date, my mac does list specifically it handled low energy bluetooth, I even tried on my android phone and on neither device does the bangle show up to connect to. What am I missing? I have bluetooth and programming on and HID is off (I quadruple checked).

I have done every single step mentioned but it just won't appear anywhere on either device. Any advice?

• Firefox does not support web bluetooth, I guess they spend all available time redesigning the browser UI over and over instead :-) https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cg­i?id=674737

How did you check on android phone? nrfconnect app from nordic is good to scan and examine ble devices.
    Just to verify bluetooth works try to enter dfu bootloader by holding button until it reboots and release it before the bar goes over, then you may see it in nrfconnect scan as DFUtarg device.

• Hi, Sorry you're having issues... We do test Bluetooth here so I'd be pretty sure your Bangle's Bluetooth capability works.

Is the little Bluetooth icon in the top right of the Bangle blue? If so it means something has already connected to it. In that case you could go to Settings, Make Connectable, No, Make Connectable, Yes.

Did you set up Gadgetbridge? If you did that then it can connect to the Bangle and stop you connecting other things...

Also if you're getting the scanning window on your Mac it's a good sign, but also on Android everything should 'just work' so it's good to try there as well (as you did)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bluetooth Issues

Posted by Avatar for Quensi @Quensi

Actions