• Got the following on the IDE after doing about 6 g.dump() calls with the asteroids app running.

=undefined
    Interpreter error: [
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
    New interpreter error: FIFO_FULL
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
      "FIFO_FULL"
     ]
    >print("<","<<",JSON.stringify(process.e­nv),">>",">")
    < << {"VERSION":"2v10.114","GIT_COMMIT":"0014­dcca","BOARD":"BANGLEJS2","FLASH":104857­6,"SPIFLASH":8388608,"HWVERSION":2,"STOR­AGE":8388608,"RAM":262144,"SERIAL":"6423­edf0-b3f07955","CONSOLE":"Bluetooth","MO­DULES":"Flash,Storage,heatshrink,tensorf­low,locale","EXPTR":442640} >> >
    =undefined

• I have also been getting a lot of these FIFO_FULL errors from a build of the latest version of Espruino for an NRF52840 - although it is for a Magic 3 watch. It seems to happen for me after interrupt generated events although I have also got it when loading a large amount of code from the editor window of the IDE into RAM.

• Hi,

Ahh - was it 6 calls in quick succession? and you were pressing the screen/mashing the button at the same time? FIFO_FULL means Espruino hasn't been able to process all the data it received, and some got lost.

What you're doing with g.dump() is basically blocking Espruino's execution for several seconds while it sends the data out. XON/XOFF flow control is implemented in the IDE so it shouldn't send more data than the watch can handle, and if you're pressing the button or doing other things that add to the event queue then those can't be flow controlled.

I wouldn't have thought it was anything to worry about. If you get FIFO_FULL during upload that's more worrying as it means flow control isn't working. I think possibly I need to find a way to increase the input buffer size since the delay in transmission means by the time XOFF gets back to the IDE it's already sent a few more packets.

• In my case, I am not getting this error anymore. It could either have been restarting my Linux host or rebooting the watch - I suspect both:-)

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

New interpreter error: FIFO_FULL - after about 6 g.dump() calls in asteroids.

Posted by Avatar for HughB @HughB

Actions