• Wondering if now would be a good time to annex/retire the Battery Widget. All the functionality of Battery Widget is contained in Battery Widget (with Percentage) which is also has more features and is more configurable.

Seems silly to have lost of slightly different bettery widgets floating about.

• The issue is that battery widget with percentage uses three times more RAM than the normal one! It's like 100 variables extra.

And honestly everything is like that - once you start throwing the kitchen sink in the memory usage goes up loads, and speed goes down. On Bangle.js 2 it's not such an issue with RAM, but even so I'd prefer to keep one version of each app that 'just works' and is efficient (which I can ship with), and then another version that's got all the features added.

• I must confess, i prefer using the BatteryWidget instead of its greedy clone (with Percentage).

I often had the issue of lacking of ram because of too many widgets so i d tend to have the less and lightest ones.

• I'd like to replace widgets that are overly large for the amount information they convey... and such one is the initial battery widget with charging indicator. I can understand that a smaller widget would have looked cheap because it was one of the first and few ones. Now more widgets are available and fight for the space.. A similar 'replace' need is the BT indicator widget: the BT logo is so 'slim lined' that on certain background colors it is barely recognizable.

• I'd like to replace widgets that are overly large for the amount information they convey...

I think this is one of those cases where some other users might think it was too small! But this is why all the apps can be changed - anyone is welcome to develop a 'tiny' battery widget or remove it completely.

... also, I just added a super tiny vertical battery widget for you - 14px.

• @Gordon, you just made my day (or night... still stuck on something... unfortunately not as fun as Espruino...) - ao

• ... also, I just added a super tiny vertical battery widget for you - 14px.

Well hope this not to small for you @allObjects ;-)

• @MaBe, I'll. check it out... it is not about the absolute size, but the information density and legibility.

• Maybe it would be an idea to create (yet another...) battery widget, which can (only) be customized before uploading?
    Even if you do enable the kitchen sink, it would still save on reading the settings file.

• Maybe it would be an idea to create (yet another...) battery widget, which can (only) be customized before uploading?

I feel like that actually makes a lot more sense than the battery percentage one... Lets face it, tweaking settings on the watch can be a bit fiddly, and I really wonder whether many users actually do it. Customising on the PC would give a lot more flexibility and hopefully a faster, more efficient widget.

• My one issue with apps that are customizable on upload is that updates are kind of annoying, since you have to manually repeat the customization each time you update the app.

• Yes, that's true... I've been vaguely wondering if it's worth adding something built in to remember customiser settings...

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Time to Annex - Battery Widget as Battery Widget (with Percentage) is a superset

Posted by Avatar for HughB @HughB

Actions