• I like the partial and lazy update of a layout... what bothers me a bit is calling a value a label... I understand that it is historical, and atomic- with no composite display object, such as ro/rw field as in html - everything can be looked at as a label, the label of a field and the value of a field.

Since I cannot see any absolute placements, I assume the partial update walks the complete layout to determine where the update has to happen.

Regarding fonts: I understand that with vector fonts the font size is in percents of screen size and allows use in both bangles. What a bout the (much faster) WxH fonts? I assume the W and H are absolute. Is there a solution path for layouts using such fonts? The Bangle 1 / 2 ration is 1.363636., or 0.73333. Could something be baked in to the layout for these fonts that tells for which bangle the layout is originally specified, like dots per (square) screen? Line height (and positions) - vertical (horizontal?) on horizontal display could then still be calculated and a font mapping could figure what font to use. To handle font (as well as colors) I would always go for a palette. Handling the mapping of elements in a palette is always easier than do it for every layout element (label) definition. What are the thoughts for selecting a font (and color) from a palette in a layout element?

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started