• @TTbangler,

using emulator and also my own cross development environment in browser (as used to build the https://www.espruino.com/ui (w/ screenshots: Modular and extensible UI framework and ui elements.), I think I ran into similar issues: in the end it was overloading the Espruino interpreter buffer on upload. Upload means in practically all environments just transporting bytes to another device and storing them there. In Espruino context that is less than half the truth: code is executed on upload, and if stored directly in flash, the same happens when 'loading' (derivates of parts of) it into RAM for execution. Make sure that an 'atomic unit of code becomes not to big before the parser of the interpreter comes to a 'touch down' for execution and tackle the next thing. Im not sure if the emulator has the same constraints in regard of memory as the 'real hard wares' have.... after all, I can emulate not just Bangle things (more so in my emulator, where I emulate also devices connected to Espruino, such as displays, and pins, and...). So it is less the number of total lines but the lines that the parser has to go thru before being able to execute the parsed things and move on to the next thing.

• @allObjects,

I wasn't aware of your UI framework--it looks very impressive, thanks for bringing it to my attention! I'll definitely look more into your framework once I get my Bangle.js v2 (since it has a full touchscreen).

Thanks also for the explanation about what happens during an upload. Overloading the Espruino interpreter buffer on upload could indeed be what happened in my case. The IDE crash behavior was the same when uploading my very large app to either the emulator or my Bangle.js.

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started