• It's kind of strange - really not sure what to suggest as 9k of data shouldn't be anywhere near enough to cause quote issues!

However, I've added a 'try' around the localStorage save. It's not live on the main site yet but if you try the beta Web IDE at https://espruino.github.io/EspruinoWebID­E/ then hopefully even if localStorage breaks, you'll be able to keep using the IDE just fine

• Thr 2021.10.14

post #16 'really not sure what to suggest as 9k of data shouldn't be anywhere near enough to cause quote issues!'

To @Gordon, I have a feeling that my evaluation of the source provided

post #6   '9077 / 16 = 567'

and measured usage after removing comments and whitespace

usage: 393

was for the file ttchoice.app.js initially uploaded in post #5 and not the actual code ref post #13 and #15

I'm wondering if in fact that QUOTA limit is being reached as the actual app is now being uploaded and not the subset ttchoice.app.js as I'm guessing is what you may have felt was the source being used as was I.

post #3   'My full program (of which these four functions are only a part) is ~2.5K lines/~80K'
    post #11   'Unfortunately, the code I uploaded here is just a small subset of my app.'

For comparison, my very large ongoing app MVLOA pushing the limits I know, comprised of four modules that totaled nearly 40K with comments with a combination of online and hand minification while attempting to upload, nearly filled the ~2200 JSVars the Pico has. While I don't know the capacity of Bangle or the Emulator, should the the actual app be what is in use, it seems very likely that even with minification, there is likely to be some capacity issues here.

Super rough estimate here: as Espruino requires half the space to unpack (the reason I used several small modules to get around - uploading the largest first allowed nearly 30K max for me) should a Pico be used, 2200 / 2 = 1100 * 16 ~= 17K of minified source. Much more above that is eeking out the limits I'm afraid. What is the capacity est for Bangle and emulator?

To @TTBangler is this in fact the case here?   pp.  I'm wondering if

About