You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I thought the external SPI was memory-mapped

No, it's not. You only think it is because a lot of effort has gone in to hide that - but sometimes you see through the gaps.

I've just increased the buffer size to handle up to 4bpp palettes, so this should hopefully 'just work' for you now. More memory usage as mentioned but hopefully not too painful.

jsvGetArrayBufferBackingString(buf); doesn't respect ArrayBufferViews substring

Good point. Just fixed this I hope.

You could probably work around it with E.getAddressOf and E.memoryArea but it's a bit of a hack.

However the last few days you've posted a whole bunch of forum posts and GitHub issues. It feels like you're getting frustrated that I'm not jumping on each of them and fixing them right away but right now I am extremely busy with the KickStarter - I have fixed a few of the things you reported almost immediately but it's just not humanly possible for me to do everything.

• No, its not like that at all from my end. I am digging at it because I am willing to contribute and try to assist you because I am fully aware that you take on a lot of responsibility and workload. I think that the way I go about trying to be helpful just ends up wasting your attention and you'd prefer if I created a solution in code myself and just pop a PR?

Edit: There is no rush, forgive my eagerness, take your time and focus on what matters most to you. I will step back a bit. I am not familiar with how developers respond/react to issue improvements. I thought it was always the more the merrier, but if the problems are small, its just annoying?

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started