• I was able to receive words from button press, but I'm a bit confused as of why it works only one time for each button press. This is all the code in my banglejs app:

setWatch(() => {
    E.showMessage("sent");
    Bluetooth.println("sent");
    setTimeout(()=>g.clear(), 5000);
    }, BTN3);

setWatch(() => {
    E.showMessage("hear");
    Bluetooth.println("hear");
    setTimeout(()=>g.clear(), 5000);
    }, BTN1);

I lost the ability to send from the website to the watch now, as pressing the button that calls the function Puck.write('E.showMessage("HELLO","Messa­ge")'); instead of making the watch show it as before, it asks for a new ble connection.

• Tue 2021.10.05

reply to post #13

'I lost the ability to send from the website to the watch now, as pressing the button that calls the function Puck.write('E.showMessage("HELLO","Messa­ge")'); instead of making the watch show it as before, it asks for a new ble connection.'

Another struggle was maintaining page state and still update sections within the page. It was likely that a page refresh or something of the sort caused the OTA connection to be lost. One quick verification check, did a new reloading the page and then interacting with BLE allow the re-pairing and re-connecting to occur?

The trick is to update a part of the page without refreshing the entire page. This keeps the DOM intact after establishing the BLE connection. I played with hidden divs and iframes along with global vs local and attempts with IIFE but never really settled on one technique.

• Do you know if there's an app in the app loader that sends text from a web to the banglejs, so I can see the code example?

I solved everything and all I got left is to enlarge the font of the showmessage command. So I either change the way the info is sent to the watch... or I patch the firmware. Old hacky style

About