You are reading a single comment by @user107850 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hello @Gordon , thanks for the reply.

I understand that it makes sense to try with a more ad-hoc peak detector, especially if you know that the hardware is always the same. Our algorithm can be optimised a lot, starting from removing the buffers, but we didn't have enough time for that. As for the heart rate, I would probably trust the proprietary blob better than anything else. With time, if we manage to get a reliable algorithm, we would ideally get rid of it.

Back to the competition idea: I have created a repository where we can test algorithms, see here.

I have already populated it with the data I have collected myself plus some of the data collected by @HughB. I have not included those files where the two measurements of steps are too different, because I don't trust either, and for those that I have included, I have computed the average between the two given step counts.

@HughB would you be able to send me a pull request with your algorithm? Please check the structure inside the dummy algo. If that doesn't fit with yours, I am happy to change it, just le me know (or submit an issue on Github).

With time, we can add more algorithms, or simply improve ours. It's going to be fun (at least for me😀).

I would like to keep this repository also for testing the algorithms for heart rate or sleep detection when we get to it, and I will probably share it with students if I manage to involve some.

About

Avatar for user107850 @user107850 started