• If you are on Windows 10 then I'd suggest to do it in WSL - Windows subsystem for Winux with some Ubuntu inside. I have Ubuntu 18.04 in WSL1 and Ubuntu 20.04 in WSL2 and both builds Espruino, WSL1 with older Ubuntu is probably easier to setup.

see https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WSL

If you already have WSL (previously called Bash on Windows) (because of /mnt/c/Users/robin/Espruino?) then I don't understand why you try to install gcc toolchain on windows side. Maybe even running Espruino provision script would get it for you?

Or are you using mingw? Then I'd recommend installing WSL instead , version 1 should be enough. Mingw is good for building linux/posix stuff as windows native binaries, you don't need that with Espruino and WSL gives you better compatibility.

As for VSCode on windows side - there is WSL remoting plugin for VSCode so you can have Espruino inside WSL linux distro and VSCode can connect to it for editing and working with GIT. The ubuntu wiki page mentions it too.

• reply to post #7

I'm running a WSL terminal window from inside VSCode. No virtual drive.

'Maybe even running Espruino provision script would get it for you?'

Using suggestions from:

Espruino Build issues using README_BuildProcess.md

and

https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/README_Building.md#for-espruino­

Simply run the following with the name of your board to set your computer up ready for a build:

rgc@DESKTOP-R7T0VUC:/mnt/c/Users/robin/E­spruino$ source scripts/provision.sh PICO
    Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "scripts/get_board_info.py", line 39, in <module>
        board = importlib.import_module(boardname)
      File "/usr/lib/python2.7/importlib/__init__.p­y", line 37, in import_module
        __import__(name)
    ImportError: No module named PICO
    UNKNOWN BOARD (PICO)
    rgc@DESKTOP-R7T0VUC:/mnt/c/Users/robin/E­spruino$

So, is it Python that isn't running???? I just cloned the Espruino respository a day or two ago.

PICO board file is there:

C:\Users\robin\Documents\Espruino\Esprui­no\boards\PICO_R1_3.py

I noticed while reviewing the Env Vars that nRFConnect installs a more recent version of Python and changes the path.

I've just edited the path back to what it was and will now reboot.

About