• Fri 2021.09.24

I had VSCode running and building on Win10 two years ago running through instructions at:

https://github.com/espruino/Espruino/blo­b/master/README_BuildProcess.md

This week I cloned the current git source to work on a related project. After several failed attempts, I decided to perform a sanity check with a basic PICO build version, from notes created two years ago.

Now, just making the attempt to set the environment var, causes this error:

rgc@DESKTOP-R7T0VUC:/mnt/c/Users/robin/E­spruino$ BOARD=PICO make
    CC /mnt/c/Users/robin/Espruino/targetlibs/s­tm32f4/lib/startup_stm32f401xx.o
    make: arm-none-eabi-gcc: Command not found
    Makefile:810: recipe for target '/mnt/c/Users/robin/Espruino/targetlibs/­stm32f4/lib/startup_stm32f401xx.o' failed
    make: *** [/mnt/c/Users/robin/Espruino/targetlibs/­stm32f4/lib/startup_stm32f401xx.o] Error 127

Upon checking my local folder structure, I notice there is a board of the same file name with extention 's' rather than 'o'

C:\Users\robin\Documents\Espruino\Esprui­no\targetlibs\stm32f4\lib\startup_stm32f­401xx.s

Honestly, I don't have enough experience to know what should be happening under the hood. Did I miss something in the build process instructions, or is the current new clone not building the 'o' ext that is now causing this error?

Posted early, I'm going back over the instructions to see if I missed something.

About