You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • If you don't want to open it then you need to build your own softdevice+espruino bootloader dfu upgrade package. This is the missing part. 3 steps = 1. update existing buggy bootloader with fixed one (there is package for that) 2. softdevice+bootloader package you make - this will upgrade from SDK11 to SDK12 and espruino bootloader 3. ordinary bangle firmware zip

So if you build from source as @Gordon suggests above, you either flash it over SWD via nRF52DK (or $2 stlinkv2 clone) and you are done with all 3 steps or you learn how to make softdevice+bootloader upgrade package and do 3 steps. If you are lucky and won't brick it, your device stays closed. If not you need to open it and use SWD. In both ways you need to build from source as mentioned above.

• hi,
    may i ask,
    why everyone use the slim st link v2 clone instead of the bulky original St link/clone or the jlink-clone?

everyone use this:

original st link v2, or the clone:

jlink OB clone:

i am blank newbie, thanks

although pinetime now come with firmware unlocked, i would like to keep the ability to do so. I read from atc1411's utube that i can flash the slim st link v2 clone as a DAP? to unlock the firmware if needed? thanks

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started