You are reading a single comment by @fanoush and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I know you already have inline c, but what about adding the option in the IDE for fully native c code that bypasses the javascript interpreter entirely?

I know it's possible to build a custom firmware from scratch, but that requires setting up an entire toolchain and using dfu to flash (and reflash...)

Just a thought...

I don't think you can access the native firmware calls from inline c as it currently is?

• I don't think you can access the native firmware calls from inline c as it currently is?

what you mean by native firmware calls (that bypasses the javascript interpreter entirely)? can you provide example of what you think is not possible/available?

• @fanoush It's not so much about what isn't available, the features are all available in the IDE, but javascript is slow...

I have a NTAG215 NFC emulator, but the time to process it purely in javascript takes too long and some devices time out, at the same time, if I move the logic for processing the RX data and creating the response to inline C, it also takes too long to call that native method from the javascript side of things.

So to get the performance I would need, the javascript interpreter loop would essentially have to be disabled, but if I were to write a full firmware I would have to re-implement all of the methods for processing the NFC and Bluetooth loops

About

Avatar for fanoush @fanoush started