You are reading a single comment by @Gordon and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Nice! That looks great! I wonder whether you could do a string replace on certain emojis, so 💡 could go to LED.set() and similar?

This would actually be really cool for robots - you could connect with the phone, then send commands like 'forward'/'left'/etc or even just the emoji arrows. My son would love it :)

But yes, there's a navigator.bluetooth.getDevices API (iirc) where you can get previously connected devices which you can connect to without the BLE menu, so that could actually be a pretty neat addition. The IDE uses it - I didn't think it was behind a flag but maybe i just turned the flag on and then forgot ;)

But actually talking of Slack, I guess potentially you could have something where you sign in to slack on an old Android phone, connect your Espruino device, and then you can just type @phone turn XYZ on and it'll magically do it when you're at work (I'm not sure if slack has an API or you'd need a bookmarklet though?).

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started