You are reading a single comment by @d3nd3-o0 and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • I am struggling to draw an image. My image is the size of the screen, 239x159.

http://www.espruino.com/Image+Converter

Uncaught Error: Unable to get pointer to palette. Image in flash?
     at line 1 col 49
    g.drawImage(require("Storage").read("clo­ud.img"));

I dont know what i'm doing really. Can you explain to me how often native strings are used, and how it works when i'm calling .read like that? Does it really not touch ram, ever?

I'm seeing memory errors a lot. I want to know in which case i'm reading from RAM and which case i'm reading from flash, so I know how large my file can be?

Also is it fine to use

require("heatshrink").decompress

Does it mean that every piece of javascript code in the 'native string' is read from flash? I mean, if i eval it? Does eval() continue not touching ram?

Also , didn't I hear you say that _every_ code that is loaded on bangle is from flash by default?? So, if so, why do I have issues :( , thus require("Storage").read is equal to copy paste into .js file and upload inline?

Tried a 17000 byte long string, 80x80 pixels and it draws it funny, like all fuzzy and wrong size, random noise of pixels like 80x20.

About

Avatar for d3nd3-o0 @d3nd3-o0 started