Bangle.js wont connect

Posted on
  • Hello, the screen shows a 'Low Memory' error. Possibly too many apps installed. When I press Button 2 (middle button) nothing happens. The screens stays black. When I press buttons 1 and 2 together it goes into boot mode for a 1 second then goes back to the black screen with low memory error. I am really stuck here.

I would greatly appreciate any help with my problem.

soky157

• Hi - you'll just need to follow the instructions here: https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js#reset­ting-without-loading-any-code

• Long-press BTN1 + BTN2 for about 6 seconds until the screen goes blank
    • Release BTN2 but keep pressing BTN1 while ==== goes across the screen
    • Keep holding BTN1 while Bangle.js boots
    • Release it - you should have the Bangle.js logo, version, and MAC address

So I think you were doing this, but probably not holding BTN1 long enough.

If it still doesn't work, it's probably because you have an old Bangle.js firmware (2v06 or before - if you bought Bangle.js 6 months or more ago?). If so you'll need to update the Bangle.js firmware itself using these instructions: https://www.espruino.com/Bangle.js#firmw­are-updates

Once you've updated the firmware then the previous instructions will work

• Hello and thanks for your very quick help. I followed the Buttons sequence that you suggested. Now what I have is a blank screen until I move the watch then the Logo screen appears. When I press Button 2 for several seconds nothing happens just the Logo remains on screen, Same for Button 1. When I pressed Button 3 everything went back to square one again (low memory error on bottom of screen).

• Hello again, I did the update to version 2.08 but still the same Low memory error. Nothing has changed.

• For what it is worth I already had the latest firmware installed all along. V2.08

• Ok, so once you have the Logo screen showing, did you try and connect with the App Loader?

Once the logo screen shows it's basically started the watch but without loading any code - and it's in a state where the app loader can then connect and you can do About -> Install Default Apps in the app loader and recover everything

• Hi, here i am again. After following the above instructions I am still not able to use my Bangle.js watch i received as a Christmas gift December 2020.
    As per the instructions i downloaded the latest Espruino ide to my PC. The Android part confuses me. I downloaded the NRF Toolbox app to my Android device. The watch goes in DFU mode easily. I opened NRF Toolbox app. After hitting DFU I then Select the location of the Espruino Ide i downloaded to my PC. How would I get my Android phone to get the ide Zip from the PC? I went so far as to download the ide zip to my Phone but when I select the zip it is not able to load it presumably because Android cant zip files.

I am sincerely sorry and apologetic for being such a bother. But further help would very much be appreciated.

Sincerely,

soky157

• Hi! Which instructions were you following here?

From your previous posts it seems you have the correct firmware (2v08) so there's no need to update with NRF Connect. Just to put everything in one place, you need to:

• Long-press BTN1 + BTN2 for about 6 seconds until the screen goes blank
    • Release BTN2 but keep pressing BTN1 while ==== goes across the screen
    • Keep holding BTN1 while Bangle.js boots
    • Release it - you should have the Bangle.js logo, version, and MAC address

Now reset all the software by:

• Opening https://banglejs.com/apps/ on a device with a web browser that can use Bluetooth (your PC may work but an Android phone with Chrome is an easy option here)
    • Click About in the top right
    • Click Install Default Apps
    • Click Yes
    • Choose the Bangle from the pop-up menu of devices and click Pair
    • Wait for the progress bars in the bottom of the webpage to finish - don't close the page or turn your phone/PC off while it's updating
    • When it's all done, long-press BTN3 to load everything up

And it should all work great

• Hi, I followed your directions, when I selected Install Default Apps the Bangle.js app loader immediately started Removing All Apps. It has been doing this for the last two hours. Something must be wrong.

soky157

• I restarted the phone and it finally worked. Quick question, after the Default Apps have been installed, how much memory is left for additional apps to be installed?

soky157

• One last question, how to set the time from 24 hour to 12 hour time. Please

soky157

• Sorry for the delay - I've been on holiday last week.

Glad you got it sorted - odd about your phone though. What model is it?

after the Default Apps have been installed, how much memory is left for additional apps to be installed?

A lot - I think the default apps take something like 0.05MB and there's 4MB on the watch. The biggest issue is RAM usage if you want to have lots of widgets running at once.

One last question, how to set the time from 24 hour to 12 hour time.

Settings -> Locale -> Clock Style should do it, although it depends on the clock. Most should use that setting, but some don't.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

Bangle.js wont connect

Posted by Avatar for user124061 @user124061

Actions