You are reading a single comment by @cartron and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Ok, it's good to hear about the distance being the same once you got the data in... That implies that actually there's no need for the Kalman filtering.

Where did you get the 9.7km figure from? BangleRun?

Altitude accuracy using GPS is always a difficult one - because the satellites are generally either side of you, altitude precision is far less than lat/lon. My guess is your running watch may have a barometer in it, which would help it get far more accurate data.

In terms of HRM, it should be recorded. If you open the GPX file in a text editor I bet you'll find the data there. It may just be in the file in a form that SmashRun doesn't recognise. If you could post an example file that does contain HRM data that SmashRun recognises then I might be able to tweak the export so it works.

The step counting is something I know isn't great (it uses a very simple algorithm right now) but I'm actively looking into improvements for that and I'm hopeful that version 2v09 firmware will be a lot better.

Having looked into BangleRun a bit, it seems cadence is literally just total steps / run duration when I guess realistically it should be looking at that figure, but just based on the past 5 minutes?

• Thanks Gordon.

Where did you get the 9.7km figure from? BangleRun?

That was in GPXsee, a fat client I'm using on my laptop

In terms of HRM, it should be recorded. If you open the GPX file in a text editor I bet you'll find the data there. It may just be in the file in a form that SmashRun doesn't recognise. If you could post an example file that does contain HRM data that SmashRun recognises then I might be able to tweak the export so it works.

No, the HR data is always at 60, like in the example below:

<trkpt lat="xx.yyyyyy" lon="z.zzzzz">
            <ele>55.4</ele>
            <time>2021-02-04T10:50:11.999Z</time>
            <extensions>
                <gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
                    <gpxtpx:hr>60</gpxtpx:hr>
                    <gpxtpx:distance>0</gpxtpx:distance>

</gpxtpx:TrackPointExtension>
            </extensions>
          </trkpt>

So I guess this is the HRM which didn't record properly - is there anything to do when starting a run in BangleRun, or should the HRM record directly?

The step counting is something I know isn't great (it uses a very simple algorithm right now) but I'm actively looking into improvements for that and I'm hopeful that version 2v09 firmware will be a lot better.

got it, thx

Having looked into BangleRun a bit, it seems cadence is literally just total steps / run duration when I guess realistically it should be looking at that figure, but just based on the past 5 minutes?

I think the calculation method is fine, provided it's accurante :)
    That'd be average cadence, as opposed to lap cadence

About

Avatar for cartron @cartron started