You are reading a single comment by @James-Livesey and its replies. Click here to read the full conversation.
  • Hi Gordon! Thanks for the reply.

That's a really good point ─ I should've just made the return inside the app file instead of forcing the Espruino to copy the whole code into RAM to concat a string on the end of it! Also your point on defining vars in functions instead of in the module-wide scope is a good one to take on board too.

The changes shouldn't be too hard to implement ─ after all, my IDE also does a lot of work to ensure safety when encountering while and for loops so that an infinite loop doesn't happen (otherwise, an error is thrown/displayed). The same has been applied to the simulator, seeing that web JS is also single-threaded! I think that building the string on the IDE side is easy to do but really effective at freeing RAM as you say.

I've heard that some people have connected an SD card reader to their Espruino. I think that's a great idea providing it fits into my little 3D-printed unit! I'm sure it'd make it easier to copy over app code from devices that don't support Bluetooth, too.

As for the idea of a Pixl.js V2, that would be awesome! I love the idea of that extra flash and memory space... It'll be cool to see what others in the Espruino community do (and I'm sure I could implement a few extra features into my OS 😉)!

Having bought 3 Pixl.js boards in total (one for me, two for some friends of mine), I may have to wait a bit before I consider buying the upcoming Pixl.js V2 so that I can give my wallet a rest, but it's certainly something worth purchasing!

Thanks for the help so far,
    -James.

About