• GPSrecorder will only record while the GPS settings screen is displayed.

Ahh - that could be the issue. It's not the case at all - you turn on recording in the menu, then as long as your app/watch face displays widgets the GPSrecorder will record for you. Doing load() does turn GPS off momentarily, but it'll come back on as soon as the new app loads (and is usually very fast to get a fix again).

Is it possible that you have something else installed (your GPS service?) that actually turns GPS off with setGPSPower, and that overwrites what GPS Recorder did? Or that you're using a clock that doesn't load widgets?

I can switch to as many apps as I like without the GPS being powered off

Yes, this is definitely a bonus of the multiclock. However there should be no reason why you can't just do what you're doing with the multiclock face, but using the GPS Recorder widget.

Even though GPS will be powered off momentarily after running a 'GPS Settings' app, it should still remember all the power save settings?

When new apps are loaded, everything is reset to power-on state (GPS, sensors, screen, etc). It's not ideal, but honestly it's the only way to make the watch reliable when we've got so many mostly unvetted apps and so little memory - even a tiny mistake in one app could cause a memory leak that made the watch unreliable.

Potentially I could make the GPS turn off only 1 second after an app load (so if you switched apps and the new app used GPS too, it kept running). However as mentioned I personally found it was very quick (just a few seconds) to get a new fix after it was powered off/on.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started