• So the GPS chip itself has some battery backed RAM. In order to get the power settings to stick you have to call UBX-CFG-SAVE(). For the Widgets to work together without interferring with each other I will need to comment out 1 line where I reset the GPS to SuperE mode on powerOff. This should mean the GPS settings, setup through the GPS Settings app (currently called GPS Service) will come into play everytime another app just calls Bangle.setGPSPower(1).

We will probably have to remove the countDown / log frequency / code settings from the GPSRecorder. If you set the GPS update time to say 120s through the GPS Service app then that will effectively control how often you get a fix to log. That will work for most situations. Also will need to hide one of the Widget ICONS when both GPS Service AND GPS Recorder are running together. For example I could see a sitation where you want to see the grid reference or GPS information watch face AND have the GPS logging at the same time AND also maybe be switch to following a route at the same time. At the moment that would mean two GPS widget icons will appear.

I will do some experiments, EG set things up on the GPS Service, set interval time to be 2mins, check that the recorder records every 120s or there abouts (as I say I will need to comment out the code in GPS recorder to ignore the value of 'Time Period' in its settings.

I will post any proposed code changes here for discussion rather than do a pull request.

About