• So I did the change to the gpsservice widget to return settings to SuperE. I'm now wondering if that was the right thing to do. Would it be better for GPSrecorder to turn on the GPS picking up whatever GPS settings have been stored for the gpsservice widget when it was last used. The other option is for GPSrecorder to power on the GPS through gpsservice.gps_power_on(). If we want GPSrecorder to just Power On the GPS then I will need to take out the small bit of code that does a reset to SuperE mode when gpsservice does a GPS power off. Hope that makes sense. Happy to go either way.

The other question is: which widget do you see as being responsible for writing the fix to a log and checking that it is within the desired settings. Probably GPS recorder? If so the logging settings belong to the GPSrecorder as well. I have been thinking loggings needs 4 settings. logging ON/OFF, log threshold DISTANCE or TIME based, distance setting (needs a logorithmic options scale 1,2,5,10,20,50,100,200,500 meters), time setting (1,2,5,10,20,60,120,300,600 seconds). Obviously it will be up to the user to pick compatible GPS update times with the logging time.

I might do some tests with both widgets being on, possibly taking out the count down code in GPSService and relying on the setting for update time in gpsservice. IE just make GPSrecorder log when it gets a fix (with fix.fix true).

About