3d-print file of the USB charger cable

Posted on
  • Hello i my bangle js charger cable broke and now i wanted to ask wheter it is possible to get the 3D printing files to repair it. Thanks a lot!

P.S. I already searched a bit but i did not really found something

• I had to charge the wach in the field... all I had was a plain USB_x_to_abc cable... In a nutshell: I sacrificed - cut - the USB cable and held with tape the GND and power wires against the charging pads. What about polarity? No worries, if right, the watch reacts / vibrates briefly and the display turns on; if wrong, nothing happens! ;-)

How best to do this? for example:

• take/make a wide stripe of transparent tape, about 4..5 inches long
    • tape the stripe with its back onto a flat surface
    • make two dots - tape-length-wise - next to each other in the middle of the tape - length-wise - and a bit in from the edge - width-wise - onto the wide stripe's sticky side. The distance of the two dots have to have the same distance from each other as the charging pad centers have: 2.5mm / 1/10 inch
    • cut the USB cable
    • get rid of the outer insulation and shielding for a few inches / 5..10cm
    • remove the insulation - a few millimeters / 1/8 of an inch only - and fold the bare power and ground wires (usually red and white)
    • plug the USB cable into the power source and touch withe the power and ground wire the pads to find out the correct placing - remember, it will be reversed position on the tape with the dots
    • UNPLUG the cable from the power source
    • put the wires with their ends on the dots, perpendicular to the stripes length
    • tape a smaller cut stripe of tape over the wires a bit away from the ends to secure the wires on the wide stripe
    • 'unleash' the wide stripe and put it over the back of the watch with the wire ends positioned over the charging pads
    • if the contacts do not reliably touch, tape a small piece of (rubber) foam over the wire ends
    • just make sure nothing else but the pads are touched by the wires - separately, of course
    • plug the USB cable into the power source

I may come up with a simple with a file for a simple charger... you still need the cable....

• Hi, sorry to hear that - which bit has broken that you'd like a 3D print file for?

As @allObjects says you could potentially make your own. The problem would be getting the spring contacts to make something that'd work reliably. I guess you could use pogo pins.

New cables are £5 from the shop if you need them though: https://shop.espruino.com/banglejs-cable­?search=cable

• Ah cool. The thing where the magnets and the spring contacts are in broke apart on the side of one magnet. And inside it seems to have had a short circuit but i thing i fixed it. The 3D file would still be nice. Thanks!

• I'm afraid I don't have anything, so I'd have to design one based on the current setup.

Honestly, given the tolerances on my printer and the small size of the plug it's probably something that wouldn't be super helpful for you :(

• Ok, thanks anyway

About

3d-print file of the USB charger cable

Posted by Avatar for user112556 @user112556

Actions