BangleRun data export for Strava!

Posted on
  • Hi,

BangleRun has been logging data from each run to Bangle.js pretty much since it was put on the app store, but until now there was no way to get that data out easily (apart from by exporting using the Web IDE).

However now, it's pretty easy:

• Go to https://banglejs.com/apps/
    • Click Connect
    • Go to My Apps
    • Next to BangleRun click the download button (the down-arrow)
    • Now click the GPX export button next to the track you're interested in. I'd recommend deleting any tracks you're not interested in or you have downloaded to free up some space!
    • You can now import the GPX file into Strava/etc

Let me know how it goes - unfortunately BangleRun seems to save a GPS data point every second, which makes the file quite long.

Potentially we can also report Cadence (steps/minute) but that's not implemented yet as it'd have to be calculated

• Hello,
    I just download all my old gpx file from bangleJS. Everything was OK.

I ran both with tomtom runner 3 and banglejs to make comparison. I will look at the result.

@Gordon, thks for all your work ! Last update for the banglejs was really impressive.. from 2 days to 2 weeks of autonomy...

• Hello
    Thanks for this fast option to use strava with Bangle.js (just 4 days after my post) I'm gonna test it soon :)
    You're so fast thanks for your motivation and congratulations for the product!
    All the best.

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

BangleRun data export for Strava!

Posted by Avatar for Gordon @Gordon

Actions