• ...one could go the Win 3.0, 3.1, ... way... and abuse the windowing system as pseudo-multi-tasking for background processes. In other words: there are widgets with no real estate that can be talked to apps and widgets w/ real estate and can be talked to by apps and widgets w/ real estate. Problem (quick and dirty9 resolved. Haha...

@Gordon, what are your thoughts about that? There is obviously a need for services that can process like widgets. Since the 'mechanism' is already there, why not generalize and have applets or servlets that can serve apps and widgets...

• I think from a future proofing / maintaince point of view having a hidden widget that provided a service would be a good thing. This would enable the display aspects to be seperate from the service aspect. I like the widgets but they are just too small for me to see practically so I will need to produce a bigger screen for looking at the data I am interested in.

Is writing to "storage" a good way to share data between Apps / Widgets ? For example I could clone the GPS tracking App and get it to just write the contents of the last fix into a 1 line CSV file. Would this be considered hacky is there a better way to do it without getting over complicated ?

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started