• @kri100s

Is the idea to build a joystick with espruino or be able to talk to the hacked Joy-Con like device?

Well I own a Nintendo Switch for a few days now and even if the little Joy-Con are cute, I would have loved to build a replica a little bit bigger and maybe with small improvements, like a special button for holding stuff behind a kart (for Mario Kart as you imagine) instead of keeping the standard button pressed for as long as you want.
    Well, at the end those modifications are only a pretext to build something new with Espruino ;-)

I did my own Espruino game controller a few months ago, which was basically a BLE HID keyboard with specific buttons. Here the task is a bit more complicated because it involves reverse-engineering a few things such as the pairing process but I am sure that being able to provide Espruino community with some game controllers examples will be very positive. I am a casual gamer, but I am confident that many of us would love to benefit from Espruino in the gaming area.

By the way, I really love the bolidJS project !

About