• @allObjects I’ve just used what’s available on the watch as I quite like the simplicity of it as is. As @Gordon mentioned it’s fairly straightforward to integrate other BLE things to experiment:) if there’s a v2 of this device in the future (I hope there will be) I’d request surface/skin temp sensor and Galvanic skin response-alongside HR this is, I guess, a holy trinity for health/fitness analysis.
    @Gordon I’ve not looked at how the App Loader is curated but will defo check that out and put it in for others to test more easily. Cheers

• I’d request surface/skin temp sensor

Due to covid the new wave of fitness trackers do report temperature. So far I did not see hackable nrf52 based one that has one. The F07 tracker that can already run Espruino has new version with temperature sensing named F77 and I ordered one to test but I fear this will be exactly the same device as F07 reporting fake value or it will use internal nrf52 temperature sensor. I will report when I get it.

Anyway in theory one can also add temperature sensor yourself, the DS18B20 sensor needs just two wires and it could be glued to the band. e.g. the DS-D6 or HX03W/F fitness trackers have two spare gpios on usb connector hiden in the strap so I guess the sensor could be mounted directly to the band strap where the usb connector end is. Those can run Espruino too.

About

Avatar for BenJabituya @BenJabituya started