• I think I've just answered in your new post: http://forum.espruino.com/conversations/­357536/#comment15689660

But about the touch:

It's literally just two physical touch zones in the hardware - it's not that there's more that isn't exposed. I'm not entirely sure why they did that, but it might be something as mundane as the fact that they were running low on IO pins on the microcontroller.

In terms of touch detection - were you wearing the Bangle? I've found the touch detection can be a bit flakey if it's just sitting on a desk, but it's much better when the back of the watch is in contact with your hand.

• Interesting, I didn't think there were actually only two zones hardware-wise.

In fact the watch was sitting on the desk when I tried the wake-on-touch. I just tested it when wearing the watch, but what I think what happens is just that you need to press the display sufficiently long and firmly for it to react. If you just flick it with the tip of your finger briefly it won't trigger, and that happens more easily when the watch is not worn.

About

Avatar for Gordon @Gordon started