• I have several Espruino-WiFi devices that I did not update for a while... So I gave it a shot.

I reloaded from link in post #6 - In environment #1 (macOS Catalina Version 10.15.6 (19G2021) and Chrome Version 86.0.4240.193 (Official Build) (x86_64) - and see Web App, v0.74.3 in IDE console. Navigating to Settings - Flasher I can see the new section for updating Espruino-Wifi / ESP8266 Firmware.

Attempting to connect, I can though not see my Espruino-WiFi devices in the list. The only thing I see in the list is Web Bluetooth.

Going to a different Mac - environment #2, same macOS and Chrome browser version (and same USB cable), but with the 'old' Espruino Chrome App, 0.74.1 installed from a while ago, I can connect... and see 1v99 on the Espruino-WiFi. I can also connect to my other devices: PICO, Original and BLE (Puck, Pixl, Bangle,...).

I updated successfully one Espruino-WiFi device to 2v08 in environment #2 / Chrome App.

Back on in environment #1, I still can not see my now 2v08-updated Espruino-WiFi devices in the list. The only thing I see in the list is Web Bluetooth.

Conclusion (in my context):

• Chrome App IDE: connects but does has not Espruino-Wifi/ESP8266 update feature.
    • Chrome Web IDE: has new Espruino-Wifi/ESP8266 update feature, but cannot connect.

Question:

What do I miss here - in relation to post #6 - to be able to use the Web IDE?

About

Avatar for allObjects @allObjects started