v2.07 lost time when moving the watch

Posted on
Page
of 2
Prev
/ 2
  • I upgraded the watch to the lastest experimental build and it appears again. It's slightly different: The watch was not moved but I picked it up in the state "Searching for GPS time". After resetting it it worked, but, as expected, lost time.

• What do you mean by appears again? The crashing? I was pretty sure we got that sorted on 2v08

• Yes, but now crashing without moving and getting stuck at searching gps time until manual reset. :-(
    I reverted to the fixed version and it disappears.

• Hmm - is it possible it's something to do with some custom JS you have on the device? 2v08 has been really stable for me

• There is no custom JS except the apps. I tried this evening also the latest cutting edge version. With this it is not booting and stops at "searching for gps time" even after a manual reset.

• Thanks - I merged in a bunch of changes to support other devices a day or so ago, and it looks like the GPS in the cutting edge build has got broken. I've just pushed a fix for that.

Any luck with normal 2v08?

• I think something is wrong with my watch. Ever since I tested the powerSave:false option my battery drains really fast. Yesterday I lost about 80% in one day, literally doing nothing except showing time once in a while.

I reflashed 2v08 yesterday evening and explicitly added the powerSave:true to the custom.boot.js but today after fully charging over night I'm down to 84% after 5 hours.

Is there a way to check if powerSave is already enabled?

• And it's definitely 2v08 and not a cutting edge build that you installed?

Is there a way to check if powerSave is already enabled?

No - but powerSave is on by default. Could you just try deleting the custom.boot.js and see if that makes any difference? Even better if you can just install default apps in the app loader to rule out any apps/widgets you might have installed.

To be honest there's a 350mAh battery and even without the power save mode Bangle.js will be drawing 1mA so should last over 300 hours, so I imagine it's something else. Is the screen ever turning off?

• And it's definitely 2v08 and not a cutting edge build that you installed?

Yes, I double checked.

Even better if you can just install default apps in the app loader to rule out any apps/widgets you might have installed.

I'll give it a try.

Is the screen ever turning off?

Yes it is. It behaves normally as far as I can tell, only the battery indicator is going down way too quickly. BTW at 77% now, thats 7% in 3 hours...

• Ok, so I did not have time yesterday evening to reset everything, but I flashed 2v07 to see if it changes anything.
    This morning I unplugged and battery went from 100% down to 75% in 5 hours.

So around noon I took time to flash 2v08 and install default apps. I then reuploaded my usual apps and widgets but left out the custom boot. Now it lost only 1% in the last 2 hours.

So something fishy was going on, like some process not shutting down and drawing power all the time.

But as I said I think it started when I started messing around with the powerSave setting. Could it be, that once it is disable it does not automatically reenable if the setting is removed? I did try Bangle.setOptions({powerSave:true}) but that didn't seem to help though. (Then again you said even with it disabled it shouldn't draw more the 1mah...)

• Potentially there could be an issue where if you removed the config file and then only restarted with BTN3 it didn't get updated, but after BTN1+BTN2 or the battery going flat it'd definitely reload the powerSave flag.

More likely something else was at fault, like maybe an app/widget using GPS?

• Yep, working. Thank you!

• Post a reply
    • Bold
    • Italics
    • Link
    • List
    • code
    • Preview
About

v2.07 lost time when moving the watch

Posted by Avatar for Tx @Tx

Actions